Large Hadron Collider (Lego replica) Specifications and Pictures

.

Large Hadron Collider Pictures

The real Large Hadron Collider scares the crap out of me. I don’t think that it will create a little black hole and destroy the planet or anything. I am just always afraid I will write the Large Hardon Collider. Frankly, that last bit is something I don’t care to write about. Still, I decided to take a chance and re-read this story a bunch of times to assuage my OCD fears about misplacing those two little letters.

The LHC I am talking about here was created out of LEGO bricks by a physicist named Sascha Mehlhase in his spare time away from all the physicsy stuff he does during his normal days.

He did a heck of a job with it too – it looks very realistic. The 1:50 scale LEGO LHC uses 9,500 different components, and took Sascha about 33 hours to build (after spending about 48 hours on the 3D model to base it on.) The thing cost 2000 euros (about $2585 USD) in parts to build.

I wonder what he did with the finished product. I also wonder if he could create a tiny LEGO Higgs boson particle so at least one LHC could find the particle it’s looking for.

Source: TechnaBob

Large Hadron Collider (Lego replica) Pictures

Large Hadron Collider PicturesLarge Hadron Collider PicturesLarge Hadron Collider PicturesLarge Hadron Collider Pictures

Also on Blogsteady

.


0 comments: